Thursday, June 25, 2009

Various Lives

Michael JacksonMichael Jackson via last.fm

I'm not rich. I'm not famous. Few people know my name, outside of family and friends. I've been on television exactly twice: once in the crowd at a Kansas State basketball game, and once as a featured teacher in Dayton, OH. But the deaths of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson today have me thinking that my life, while mundane and pedestrian compared to these two incredibly talented people, is perhaps happier than either of theirs.

Maybe a lif

Farrah Fawcett 1947-2009 RIPImage by Dallas1200am via Flickr

e in the public's eye is what they wanted. If so, then I'm probably wrong about our comparative levels of happiness. But to have my every move photographed by get-a-life paparazzi would be my last wish, so I'll sit here in my small home, listening to the stories of Farrah and Michael, and mourn their loss without envying their lives.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment